I can’t believe it’s been another year! Wow! Noa’s Birthday party has become a sort of a new year celebration for me. This year we celebrated a little bit earlier so we decided to merge mine and Noa’s Birthday party’s together.
I am the kind of person that can come up with the simplest idea for a party or event, however over time it snowballs into so many new ones… I love the little things, crafts and ideas, that make celebrations even more special.
This year, the same as last year Noa is still into dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs for Noa and leaves for me. It was such a Summery day together with friends in the nature. Actually the most important thing that gives that special celebration feeling is the people you love gathered in one place. The rest is only extras that only highlight that beauty.
I will let the photos talk! I am so happy Noa will have so many beautiful memories from his celebration.
I want to share a little bit on the details from the party. Maybe something will be useful to you too:
- The beautiful paper plates, serviettes, leaves attached to the balloons, paper straws, the popcorn trays are from the beautiful Manilla store. Here you will find inspiration and tasteful things to realise your ideas.
- I ordered the popcorn from POPkorni facebook page. I have to say that this is a great idea for children’s (and other) parties. Noa’s favorite snack is popcorn so he was extra happy about this idea. We had a lot of popcorn left over after the party and it was really good even a few days after.
- I bought the balloons from MisterBaloon and added the writing, tassels and leaves myself.
- The cake was made by my talented and kind friend Anita and she also took many of the photos in this post.
- I also wanted to give something they could take home to the children who came to the party, so I made little dinosaur jars. I glued the little dinosaurs to the lids of baby food jars and sprayed them gold. I put little jelly beans inside and ordered temporary dinosaur tattoos from Ducky Street. I loved seeing how happy Noa was when he could gift something to each of his friends on his Birthday.
I also spray painted the bigger dinosaurs and decorated the table with them.
- The hair peace in my hair is from Crown me and organising someone to do my hair that morning was possibly the best decision that day. I don’t know about you, but in our home the mornings before a party are quite hectic and the last thing I want to think about is my hair. I was so happy when Signe came. She was so serene and realized what I had envisioned and more. In the mean time I could have my morning coffee and cut out the writing for the balloons. It was so lovely to get ready like that and feel special.
- The wooden dishes and Monstera shaped place mats on the table are made by my brother and you can order those on Woodshop facebook page.
As I mentioned the most important part in any celebration is PEOPLE – firstly the Birthday boy who is extra happy that day and also the people you love gathered in one time and place to celebrate together. However, these little things make me so happy and I believe they create special memories for the children themselves.